Requirements for Earning PDUs: (hours estimated across 3-week workshop)
The minimum total must be 20 hours. Attendance and participation will be verified using the monitoring and tracking system in our Caucus software. These hours are estimates as to how to spend your time.... you may choose more or less - but 20 hours is minimum.
1. Getting Started: [1.5 - 3 hours]
- Introduce yourself and interact in the introduction items in "Reception" room
- Read HELP DESK (info about the software/system)
- Go to "PDU Room" to read over brief outline of expectations, etc.. and say HI in your OWN "item" in that room.
- Look over all the workshop rooms and get a feel for navigation and other pertinent info, such as overviews of the rooms, and how things are organized.
- Make sure you can use the tools and features of the system (e.g. post responses etc.)
2. Read, Participate (make comment, ask question, etc.), Explore in: [10-12 hours]
- each of the keynotes sessions in "Keynotes" room
- the featured sessions in the "Virtual Field Trip" room
- explore links that presenter may share within their presentations
- we understand that for some "reading" of keynotes may be done off-line after printing it - just make a note of your time spent in your own "space" in PDU room
3. Read and Explore in "Resources" room (resources, lesson plans, etc..): [ 8-10 hours]
- resources and lesson plans in "Resource" room
- explore as many as you can (hoping that you find resources that will be helpful to you and your students).
- we understand that for some "reading" of some website content or lesson plans may be done off-line after printing it - just make a note of your time spent in your own "space" in PDU room
4. Write brief "Reflective Essay" in your own item in PDU room: [1 hour]
- What knowledge and insights you have gained
- How useful these might be for your students - in applying things to your classroom.
4. Complete the Workshop Evaluation. The survey will be posted online and will include questions about the participants' individual learning as well as the workshop format, structure, and content. (30 min)
5. You will have our own "online space" to: Keep a LOG online (recording time-spent, and posting essay) ; and, interact with instructors if you have any questions. You could also use this to keep "notes" as to resources you particularly liked, etc..
Supervisor will ascertain that all requirements have been met as stated above