COSEE Great Lakes workshops at the College of Exploration are now finished.
You can see all the presentations from all the online workshops at the COSEE Great Lakes at the College of Exploration Archive Site
COSEE Great Lakes: A review of 5 years of Science and Education Collaboration
This culminating online event occured December 8-14, 2010
In September 2010, COSEE GL invited some excellent scientists and educators to Maumee Bay State Park in Ohio to review and offer perspectives on our five-year program. The group drafted a set of “white papers” that summarize and build on what has been learned about scientist-educator collaboration and Great Lakes education opportunities and needs. Now is your chance to contribute to this vital review and add your voice to the papers.
Goals of this Dec 2010 online meeting were to:
(1) Share presentations from the Great Lakes Education Summit with interested scientists and educators
(2) Review and solicit input from COSEE-engaged scientists and educators on the white paper reports related to COSEE outcomes and ideas for:
- Professional development [of scientists and/or educators]
- Collaboration among scientists and educators
- Informal education Curriculum for Great Lakes/Ocean Literacy
- Technology for Great Lakes learning and community building
Presentations are posted from the Education Summit, and space was provided for your responses and input to the white papers.
Director COSEE Great Lakes