Coral Reef Online Workshop
Graduate Credit Information
Queries - contact Lynn Whitley
In order to qualify for graduate credit students must complete a minimum
of 15 hours. The cost of completing this credit will be $35.
Suggested breakdown of how time will be spent during each week of the course.
- Listen to Keynote speakers, ask questions: 1 to 1.5 hours per week
- Dialogue with other teachers/break out sessions: 1 to1.5 hours per week
- Explore web links: 1 hour per week
- Do a Keynote related activity: 1 to 2 hours
Specific requirements are described below
To be eligible for one graduate credit, a participant will need to:
1. Read and Participate. Join and read each of the keynotes
sessions. Attendance will be verified using the monitoring feature of our
2. Participate in breakout session(s).
3. Answer the question for the week
in the graduate credit room, the
question will relate to the Keynote topic.
4. Demonstrate intended or actual classroom applications by filling in a
form that describes:
. A suggested lesson plan on how to use the materials in the classroom
B. An annotated bibliography of resources related to the workshop that
would be useful for others as a reference. These may include Web links,
articles, books, and other recommended resources. A description of each
resource, as well as suggested grade level(s), possible use in the
classroom, and assessment of its value should be included.
5. Evaluate the Workshop. The workshop evaluation should be
completed. The survey will be posted online and will include questions
about the participants individual learning as well as the workshop format,
structure, and content.