This unique public workshop will
include presentations by prominent HAB experts, discussion sessions, chat rooms, and educational and professional resource materials.
Judy Lemus--Welcome and Overview about Algal Blooms
November 21: Dominic Gregorio--HABs in Southern California
November 29: Kevin Sellner--Emerging Technologies for Studying HABs
December 6: Jason Smith -Biochemistry of Algal Toxins
David Caron--How Food Web Structure can Affect HABs.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS THROUGHOUT THE FOUR WEEKS
1. Multicultural Dimensions of HABs --Allan Rammer and Jennifer Wolch
2. Pfisteria and Connections to the East Coast -- JoAnn Burkholder
3. Health Risks of Toxic Algae--Gregg Langlois
4. Economic Impacts of HABs--Raymond RaLonde
5. HABs in the Classroom: Resources, Ideas and Lesson Plans--Lynn Whitley and Carolyn Baugh
6. Volunteer Monitoring Programs--Sherwood Hall