Oceans For Life virtual teacher workshop April 16 - 28 2007
About Oceans for Life hosts College of Exploration
The College of Exploration (TCOE) is a global learning network. We work with partners around the world on innovative and exploratory learning programs about our environment, the earth, the ocean, technology, leadership, learning and creativity. We are organized as a collegium concerned with programs about our understanding of, and our relationships with and between, our inner and outer worlds.
The College of Exploration is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia USA as a not for profit with 501c3 status with the US Internal Revenue Service. That means donations are tax deductable! We co-explore with a range of partners to produce and offer educational and research programs. Since 1991 TCOE has partnered in a wide range of innovative education events - both online and on-site. We believe in co-design, co-operation and collaborative projects! The College of Exploration strives to provide learners of all ages and backgrounds with exciting online, and onsite opportunities to actively explore the world around them as well as their own responses to the world. Throughout the year we offer a number of special events (e.g., courses, workshops and conferences) and on-going services (e.g., strategic planning, evaluation and assessment, curriculum support for teachers, forums for students, educators and researchers) all grouped under our various programs and projects. Our approach emphasizes the following:
- exploration and discovery
- a systems approach, holistic thinking and strategic mapping
- earth and ocean literacy
- the design, development and delivery of events and services that make innovative and ethical use of web-based educational technologies.
- individual and social transformative learning and change through the systemic and systematic integration of science, arts and humanities content and processes
- support for constructivist inquiry-based learning, collaborative learning environments and communities of practice
- global reach and inclusion