Ocean Sampling Day - Transatlantic Ocean Science and Ocean Literacy Online Workshop
May 4–22, 2015 and June 17-24, 2015 (optional follow-on)
NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration and Research, the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, the European Union’s Micro B3 Project and the College of Exploration are working together to offer this online program.
- Microbial Biodiversity in the Ocean
- Importance of Establishing Baselines to Measure Changes in the Environment
- Why Ocean Microbes are Canaries in the Coal Mine
- OSD Sample Sites, Times, Protocols, Processing and Analysis
- MyOSD Discover the superheroes of our ocean
- River Sampling Day complementary activity
- Ocean Sampling Day: http://www.microb3.eu/osd
- River Sampling Day: http://www.microb3.eu/feeds/oceansamplingday-blogspot/river-sampling-day-call
- My OSD: http://www.microb3.eu/myosd
- OSD Jamboree: http://www.microb3.eu/events/workshops/osd-analysis-workshop
- NOAA OSD Page http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/ocean-sampling-day/welcome.html
- College of Exploration 2014 Course - Deep Sea Discoveries in the Atlantic onboard the NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer http://www.coexploration.org/oe2014
Options for Graduate Credit or Professional Development Certificate of Completion
This professional development event is free for all participants and will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. An optional free Certificate of Completion is available to reflect 15 hours of Professional Development.
Educators will also have the option to earn one graduate credit ($175) in Education from Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio.
If you want Graduate Credit from Ashland University please read the Graduate Credit Requirements document (PDF).